Drinking teas has been associated with many health benefits, including certain teas that may enhance weightloss and help fight excess fat. Last week we took a look at herbal teas and their benefits. This week we will take a closer look at teas that can aid in slimming and reducing body fat. Remember, all of this differs from person to person and is also something that is in addition to a well balanced diet. None of these tips work without eating correctly and maintaining a healthy balanced diet.
1. Green tea - Green tea is one that has many health benefits and is known as one of the most effective when it comes to weightloss. There has been substantial evidence linking green tea to decreased body fat and weight. Green tea also is especially high in catechins, naturally ocurring antioxidants that may boost your metabolism and in rease your ability to burn fat. Green tea also contains high amounts of antioxidants.
2. Puerh tea - Certain studies have shown that this type of chinese black tea may lower blood sugar levels and triglycerides.
3. Black tea - there are many different types of black tea available. Black tea is basically a type of tea that has undergone more oxidation then other teas. Black tea is high on flavones and has been associated with reductions in weight, BMI and waist circumference.
4. Oolong tea - Oolong tea is a chinese tea that has been partially oxidised. Studies have shown that oolong tea could help enhance weigh loss by improving fat burning and speeding up metabolism.
5. White tea - White tea is minimally processed and harvested while the tea plant is young. The benefits of white tea have been well studied and researched. White tea and Green tea have similar amounts of catechins which enhances weight loss.
6. Herbal tea - Herbal teas involve the infusion or herbs, spices and fruits in hot water. Some studies have showed that certain herbal teas including rooibos tea may help reduce weight and increase fat loss.
While all these teas prove to add value when slimming, it is most important that they are used in the correct way with a well balanced diet. The benefits are many and can add much health value to your daily routine. So try some different slimming teas and find what works well for you. Remember, all bodies are unique and react differently, but healthy change is always a good thing to try.